Friday 25 May 2012

You pays your money!

Its no secret that I love a nice porter or mild beer. I've been known to do the WEWO (walk in, walk out) when the range of beers hasn't a nice dark offering and that is after I filter out the rubbish pubs offering standard mass produced slop.
Today the Cricketers in Horbury spoilt me with a choice of four darkies. We can discount the Timothy Taylor Ram Tam straight away as it always gives me a headache.
They often don't have any which is a real shame, but this choice was great. I've tried to upload a pic via my galaxy s2, but the kindle fire won't let me include it - if you see a pic it will be an inter android collaboration.
First up was Pendle Porter, a smooth 5.0% beer with a big head and smooth taste. Didn't like it at all, it was a struggle to drink and reminded me of a mass produced beer.
Next came Pennine Midnight Rose, another dark ale at 3.7%. Very nice and very moorish! Could drink this all day. Pours well and the taste is nice.
I now have the spectre of no 3, its Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby Ale and tis 6% beauty has/bitten me before! Its one of those ales that fall close to the very strong bracket and typically tastes nice without been overpowering. The problem is that this is proper falling over water and a few of these sublime beauties really get you in the mood...
Oh well, once more into the breach dear friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment