Saturday 5 January 2013

Aftershokz SportZ M2

The headphones come with a great case with storage for
cables etc.
I often have headphones on when I am cycling and always wear them when I am running. I aren't aware of any problems this has caused when cycling, but that might be because they are nearly always only used so I can hear and make phone calls and text messages.
Running is a different issue though, and I do like to have a strong beat with often quite loud music playing. This does mean that I cant hear and respond to my environment which can lead to safety issues.
I decided to pool together some gift money that I got this Christmas and but a pair of bone conducting headphones. These work by placing a transducer directly on the jawbone which transmits the vibrations to the ear without having to block the ear to other sound.
Aftershokz have made a bone conducting headphone for a while now and they have just launched two new models, a bluetooth one and also their Aftershokz Sportz M2.
I tried to have a look at the headphones in two branches of Evans Cycles, but neither had them in stock, in fact they did not know that Evans stocked them. This meant I had to order them online. I aren't a fan of Evans online service - they are often the cheapest and delivery is free but it always irks me that they charge extra for a fast delivery when in fact all they do is put it in the post later for the free service. I ordered the headphones last Monday, got an email saying they had been dispatched yesterday and they came today. Why couldn't they have just dispatched them sooner?
As I am waiting for a new phone, I wont be able t test them for a while, but they do sound good and I can hear what is happening around me when I wear them, which is what I wanted. My wife reports that they are quite loud and has asked me to turn them down a couple of times so obviously other people can hear you and they probably wouldn't be much good in an office environment! Once I've had chance to test them properly, I will report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment