Monday 25 July 2011

Shipley and Hebden Bridge


View Shipley Hebden Bridge in a larger map

The route to Shipley from Ossett is very straightforward, but the roads are quite busy. I was taking my bike for its first service at All Terrain Cycles http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/ and they did the service as I waited. They had to re-tension the rear wheel and tweak the gear indexing, very good friendly service.

Take the A650, then the A6146, A6144 to Wilsden. Onward to Hawarth then a mountain of a climb right up to the top of the Moor. The hard climb is worth it because the view at the top is amazing and the ride down to Hebden Bridge is wonderful. Unfortunately, I had a puncture on the way back, and my tool kit had disintegrated in the saddle bag! It was easily mended and made a great ride.
(4387 feet of climbing altogether)

No comments:

Post a Comment