Tuesday 16 August 2011

Normanton and Holmfirth

Screenshot from Runkeeper
Today was a test to see if I was able to ride my bike with a dodgy foot. I also had to visit a couple of friends, so I rode through Stanley to Altofts, then back through Horbury and across to Holmfirth. I used the route suggested by TomTom, and it took me on a pretty much direct route that was certainly not easy. The road from Flockton to EmleyCcrossroads had my heart rate up to 165bpm, and the route through Shelley, Shepley and New Mill also had some steep climbs. Not only did the TomTom route give me a hard non friendly bike ride, it also took me along a very narrow rough footpath which was quite rocky at times and I was force to get off and push.
After a couple of coffees with a friend at the lovely Longley Coffee Shop, I was more than happy to accept her offer of a lift home!

No comments:

Post a Comment